What will Mini Holland give us?
Safer streets by removing through-traffic, encouraging active travel such as walking, scooting & cycling… more fun and greater independence for young and old.
- Better pavements, lighting, crossings, public spaces, trees.
- Closer & calmer communities – less through-traffic on residential roads encourages friends & neighbours to meet, talk, socialise & play.
- Fewer cars, vans and lorries, which means less pollution
- High quality cycle facilities such as protected tracks & cycle parking.
- Healthier lives for more local people, and reduced costs to the NHS by tackling the obesity epidemic, depression & other health issues.
- Plus our community will be blazing an inspirational trail, demonstrating solutions to our many environmental crises including our growing population … we can build more homes but not more roads or parking spaces.